Audioengine 5+ (A5+) Premium Powered Bookshelf Speakers
Audioengine 5+ (A5+) Premium Powered Speakers deliver audiophile-quality sound and features at a price that continues to set the standard for affordable high-quality audio. Connect your iDevice, computer, TV, or any other audio component for great stereo sound in any room.
The goal of Audioengine is to provide a high-end listening experience at affordable prices with easy to use, high-quality products. The Audioengine 5 powered speaker system was Audioengine's flagship model and has become a best seller. The new A5+ has the same award-winning signature sound as the original A5 but includes customer-requested upgrades and features.
With custom Kevlar woofers, silk dome tweeters, and hand-built cabinets, the Audioengine 5+ includes a remote control, dual audio inputs and enhanced thermal management. You can charge your iDevice via the USB power port and also add a subwoofer to the variable output. Connect Audioengine 5+ to your computer's headphone jack or pair with a USB DAC to achieve an even higher level of sound quality. The Audioengine 5+ works with any computer and there's no software to install or settings to change.
Built-in power amplifiers save space and eliminate the need to connect Audioengine 5+ to a stereo receiver or external power amp. Simply plug the left speaker into an AC outlet and connect the included speaker wire from the left to right speaker. All internal components of the A5+ are tuned together, providing a more efficient system requiring less power than passive speakers and amplifiers. With superior stereo separation and incredible imaging, A5+ has a clear sonic advantage over boomboxes or all-in-one systems.
Small Speakers, Big Bass
You won't hear any enhanced super-mega-hyper-monster boomy bass from these powered speakers. As with the original A5, the low end from the A5+ is real bass, very near to the originally-recorded music. From rap to classical to movies, you'll get tight, punchy bass with an awesome growl that will make you smile - regardless of the volume level.
Hear the Difference
The Audioengine 5+ Premium Powered Speaker System delivers the audio performance and aesthetic quality expected from Audioengine and continues to close the gap between your computer music and home hi-fi. Even if you're not an audio enthusiast we guarantee your music will sound better!
- Type: 2.0 powered (active) bookshelf-style speaker system
- Power Output: 150W peak power total (50W RMS / 75W peak per channel)
- AES Inputs: Dual 1/8" stereo mini-jacks
- Outputs: USB Type A (power charging only), RCA L/R audio (full-range, non-adjustable) Voltages: 115/240V, 50/60Hz manually switchable
- Amplifier Type: Dual Class AB monolithic
- Drivers: 5" Kevlar woofers, 20mm silk dome tweeters
- Signal-to-noise: >95dB (typical A-weighted)
- THD: <0.05% at all power settings
- Crosstalk: <50db
- Frequency response: 50Hz-22kHz +/-1.5dB
- Input impedance: 10K ohms unbalanced
- Protection: Output current limiting, thermal over-temperature, power on/off transient protection, replaceable external main fuse
- Dimensions: 10.0”(H) x 7.0” (W) x 7.75” (D) Weight (LEFT speaker):6.4Kg/14lbs Weight (RIGHT speaker):4Kg/9lbs Shipping weight:12.6Kg/27.75lbs per pair Shipping box dims:11.5” (W) x 14.5” (H) x 21.75” (L)
- Audioengine A5 Materials and Construction: 25mm thick MDF cabinets
- 20mm silk dome tweeters with neodymium magnets
- 5" Kevlar woofers with advanced voice coils
- Torroidal power transformer
- USB power charging (ComboPort)
- 2 audio inputs
- Remote Control
- Built-in power amps in left speaker
- Rear panel AC outlet
- Front panel volume control
- Kevlar woofers for super low end
- Silk tweeters for smooth highs Line level outputs
- High-quality speaker connectors
- Auto-sleep power saving mode
- Hand-finished cabinets
- Video shielded
- 3-year warranty
- Cables included